This time I’m the one giving it instead of receiving it. Maybe we could call this a public service announcement though.
Here is your list of things not to do in your apartment if you are not planning on cleaning it before you sublet it:
1. Smoke in bed and leave your cigarette butts under your mattress.
2. Leave a filthy mattress at all. Seriously–how do you make it so nasty?
3. Spill juice–thick juice–on your bedroom floor and not mop it up. It congeals, hardens, but stays sticky.
4. Leave all of your rusty utensils. No, I don’t want to use them. I’ll buy new ones for $10 thankyouverymuch.
5. Leave an entire fridge filled with food that expired. Not expired-last-month expired, but expired in 2002 expired.
6. Leave a dishwasher filled with crap. Not dishes–trash. Paper towels in the drain. Ick in the drain.
7. I won’t even talk about the oven. Let’s just say that we bought a toaster oven and haven’t gone near the real thing.